Wednesday, January 04, 2012

God, the Mighty Comforter

Haven't felt this surge of anger for a long time.

Feels like all that pent up frustration over the past few months is exploding out all at once, hurting innocent people, even the closest ones to me. There really is a need for me to keep my emotions in check. Always letting such things ride over me, and then feeling all miserable about it. Really, what's the point?

All that controversy in my life. The arrows being shot from various directions. Just need some cooling off time, I guess. Taking that step back and looking at the big picture, before deciding what my next step should be.

Feels like I'm fighting a war.

It's tiring, really. If only things could be as simple as I wanted it to be. But well, draw strength from God, the great comforter, the mighty fortress, the rock of strength, the pillar of hope. Waiting for His direction for me, patiently.

Picking myself up from each fall, growing from each failure, watching how God is using His hand to lead me in His way. When I think about Christ, all that I'm going through just doesn't seem to amount to anything. The great suffering He was put through, how can anyone fathom that?

And so, I'll take that small step back, and wait for His guide. In Him, I find that comfort and peace for a rash and irrational soul like mine.

"Ye shall find rest for your souls"

No comments: