Sunday, May 18, 2008

Year 4 Level Camp!

Although it was tiring, I really enjoyed the camp.

We had the Gunung Panti Trek on the first day. Being the first group to experience leeches wasn't that bad, cos at least we needn't hear the other people tell stories about leech bites! Lucky for my group, none of got any leech bites. HURRAY TO GROUP 19! The mountain trek was indeed tiring, going uphill especially. Yingjie sprained her ankle while coming downhill. I think this really taught us alot about teamwork, cooperation and effective communication. Our group bonded on the first day and worked really well together.

THe Pelepah Waterfall trek was great too. In fact, it's one of my favourites. We had to climb rocks and threaded through alot of water. But still, it was a total blast when we reached the end and splashed each other with water. Helping each other with the climbing of rocks and all really helped us bond even closer together.

Team Titanic. Our raft was really very stable actually. But there was too little rope or else we could have won. Anyway, good job to the people who took part - Ovidia, Lee Si Min, Rong Hui, Hao Yi, Zhen Zhou, Yu Hui, Ophelia, Xun Lin.

Kayaking! Yay I was grouped with Christopher and Rong Hui. Haha, having two guys is real great because they'd be able to do more work. Lol, kidding. It was tiring for the arms and the water was supr dirty and smelly but we still enjoyed it. Splashing water at classmates and teachers, racing each other to a certain point.. We all really had fun despite the disgusting water.

Firefly cruise was super boring. You only see the fireflies on the trees and one or two flying around. The rest was just sitting in the boat. Alot of people were sleeping, including CHAK haha. Expected right. But really, it was boring though the sight was pretty.

Nature Elements, Low Ropes and Mass Games. These three sections really brought our group so much closer together as a CLASS. We worked as a class in these three activities and I could really feel the bond. Transporting our friends over, consoling them and helping them to pick up courage, throwing water bombs at instructors and teachers and later getting splashed with buckets of water.

Campfire was a total blast! We all cheered our hearts out and sang along with the music. Scorpion King FREDDY was one of the hosts alongside with Camp Chief Weiquan. They were really very comical haha. The class items were not bad. I loved the time after campfire. When our class came together in one chalet and played games and all. The rest of the details shall be kept shh shh! THANKS FREDDY, YOU ROCK! :D

All in all, I really enjoyed the camp though the conditions were quite bad. Insects everywhere, bad toilet, stuffy tents, leeches etc. The camp really taught me alot and let me experience something totally new, something that i wouldn't go try on my own at this age. The class bonded, especially when preparing for the campfire item. The guys really made the dancing girls feel so touched. Everything was so last minute, yet they cheered us on and believed that we could do it. Thanks Jason, Chak, Terence, Tsun Leung and all the other guys who came up to tell us that we could do it. Our class guys rawk. And so do the class girls! (:

Scorpia (C,D,I,J) was really great too! We cheered and cheered like nobody's business and all of us were quite bonded though we were from different classes. I'll never forget the instructors, especially 4C's FARAH and PINGWEI, scorpion king FREDDY, group 19's partner group's (group 20) RUTH, and the crazy WAYNA. SCORPIA PSSSSSSST.

I love 4C'08.
Through this camp, we've been through so much together. All the laughter, the disagreements, the encouragements, the tears, the bond. I'll never forget this. I'll never forget all of us.
I love 4C'08.

Group 19: Farah! Terence (G), Kenneth (AG)
Serene, Quan Huan, Melody, Yingjie, Ovidia, Lee Si Min, Yang Yang, Wang Zheng, ME!
Rong Hui, Jiang Rui, Christopher, Qi Hang, Hao Yi, Chen Yang

4C'08 <3

No comments: