Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Why am I turning 18 so soon?
Not that it's anything bad, but, I feel as though time really flew by.

Everything from Primary 1 is still so vivid in my head. How we all held hands and walked to class, how I started a conversation with my first friend in EPPS, how we were all allocated seats and had to walk in twos according to height and with our fingers to our lips, how Ms Chiang's 5-finger rule was so powerful, how Ms Brenda Yeow changed the school entirely (literally), Action Box, Ms Gaistri, Ms Yuen, Mrs Ng etc. etc.

Now I'm turning 18 in 2 days, and the mood to celebrate my birthday is no longer as before. How we, as kids used to want to have a birthday party, inviting all our friends over, collecting presents, playing games and getting all sweaty all over. But now, a birthday song, a cake, a group of friends is already more than what I would ask for. I don't feel that same enthusiasm in celebrating it. We've really changed.


New friends, new school, new lives. 18 feels so daunting to me.
Maybe it's the pressure I've been giving myself. Maybe it's the situation around me. Maybe it's the situation I'm in. But I know for sure, that God will guide me through all these. He'll bring me out stronger than before.

'But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.' -Job 23:10

Ahh 18, why are you here?

No comments: