Tomorrow.
After 6 years of singing together, we're going to say goodbye.
How we've changed, from the scrawny Sec 1s 5 years back. How we've shrunk as well, to just the 7 of us today. Memories poured in, and emotions flooded me. It wasn't easy to come here as a choir, or rather, for our batch. As Jing Qi said, we're probably the most BONDED today.
Since I stepped into choir, we were never singing for nothing. We were always preparing for a concert, a performance, a competition - something. We always had a goal for our singing. But we left out a goal for ourselves as a choir. We laughed together, we wept together, we sang for each other. Each handover, each competition, each performance, we went through it all TOGETHER. I remember when we handed down. The tears I wept. The hugs from each chorister. The words of encouragement. It was as though I relived that moment. We came together as a family, even though we had our differences. We worked together as a family, even with our different tonalities and colour. We walked through it all as one family. I'm sure I'm going to miss singing with the choir even though I had my complaints.
Hi Year 6s of 2010, if you guys ever see this. It's been wonderful singing along with all of you. Remember One Song? Even though we aren't especially close to each other, we all definitely have a certain bond among all of us. We've all shared our troubles, our joy, our complaints. We helped each other, we encouraged each other, we pushed each other. Most of all, we cared for each other, we loved each other. Thank you all, for the great memories these 6 years. Let's all go out for Yr6 lunch/dinner one day before A levels okay!
Tomorrow.
Let's make it the best yet. Let's leave with no regrets.
No comments:
Post a Comment